Following is an up to date index of my Lake District and Yorkshire Dales walking, camping and photography blog entries. Please click on one to read the article.
- Lake District Wild CampingSTICKY POST : A list of wild camping locations in the Lake District tried and tested out by yours truly
- Wild Camping on Allen CragsJuly 2020 : Climbing Allen Crags from Stonethwaite via Langstrath for a night's wild camping
- Dale Head wild campAugust 2019 : Wild camping on the exposed summit of Dale Head on what fortunately turned out to be a very still night
- Wild camping on Esk PikeJuly 2019 : Climbing from Seathwaite into the big fells on a sunny Saturday in summer looking for a place to wild camp.
- A walk from Dufton to High Cup NickJanuary 2019 : A Walk from Dufton along the Pennine Way to watch sunset at High Cup Nick in winter
- Photography review of 2018December 2018 : My 5 favourite landscape photos from Yorkshire and Cumbria of 2018
- Gelt Woods walk in autumnOctober 2018 : A walk along the River Gelt in Gelt Woods in autumn, when the woods are at their colourful best
- Sergeant Man wild camp from Grasmere villageJune 2018 : Climbing Sergeant Man from Grasmere village via Easedale for a wonderful wild camp on the tops
- Wild camping on Wild Boar FellMay 2018 : A climb up Wild Boar Fell from Cotegill Bridge for a windy night's wild camping
- Photography review of 2017December 2017 : Selecting my favourite landscape photographs that I published in 2017
- Visiting Lacy’s Caves from Little SalkeldNovember 2017 : A walk along the River Eden in Cumbria to visit the small caves carved into a sandstone cliff above the river
- Wild camp at Styhead TarnOctober 2017 : Walking up from Seathwaite to spend a stormy night spent wild camping at Styhead Tarn
- A dawn walk round the Hole of HorcumSeptember 2017 : A photography trip to a misty Hole of Horcum in the North York Moors
- The classic Malham RoundMay 2017 : A walk through stunning limestone scenery from Malham in the Yorkshire Dales
- A walk from Stainforth to Winskill StonesApril 2017 : Watching sunset from the limestone pavement of Winskill Stones in Ribblesdale
- Photography review of 2016December 2016 : A look back over my landscape photographs taken in 2016 and my top five photos from the year
- Stanley Ghyll Force walkNovember 2016 : A walk through autumnal Eskdale woodland to Stanley Ghyll Force
- Haystacks wild camp at Innominate TarnOctober 2016 : A stormy night of wild camping in thunder and lightening at Innominate Tarn on Haystacks.
- Gunnerside lead mines from GunnersideSeptember 2016 : A walk up Gunnerside Gill in Swaledale to visit the disused lead mines.
- Warnscale Head Bothy visitAugust 2016 : A climb from Gatesgarth Farm in the Buttermere Valley up to Warnscale Head bothy for a look inside.
- A visit to the wildflower meadows of SwaledaleJuly 2016 : Wandering through the wildflower meadows near Muker in the summer when they were in flower.
- Great End wild camp in summerJune 2016 : A climb from Seathwaite Farm in Borrowdale to the summit of Great End for a night’s wild camping.
- Bluebells and ramsons in Robin Hoods HowlMay 2016 : Springtime in Robin Hoods Howl, a coppiced beech woodland in the North York Moors carpeted in ramsons.
- Photography review of 2015December 2015 : A look back over my landscape photographs taken in 2015 and my top five photos from the year
- Storm Desmond hits the Lake DistrictDecember 2015 : A tour around the northern Lake District surveying some of the damage caused by Storm Desmond in 2015.
- Blencathra wild camp in autumnSeptember 2015 : The tale of an amazing misty night out wild camping on the summit of Blencathra.
- Great Gable and Green Gable from BorrowdaleMay 2015 : A day that started out very unpromisingly in Borrowdale turned out to be one of my best days out in the Lake District fells.
- The Lyrid Meteor Shower from Boredale HauseMay 2013 : A very unsuccessful night out to watch meteors that turned into a very successful dawn shoot on Place Fell.
- The Strid in Strid Woods in autumnDecember 2011 : A autumnal day out at the Strid in the River Wharfe near Bolton Abbey in the Yorkshire Dales.
Subscribe to my newsletter
To receive an email whenever a new blog entry is published please enter your email address below and it will be added to my list:
Your email address will not be shared.